Plant-Based Food Trends
Consumer palates are growing more sophisticated. Fringe trends are moving into the mainstream. According to Google Trends searches for “plant-based diet” are up 150%. Within that category we have seen major growth in the milk sector.
CHD Expert Easy2FIND Insights:
- Top locations serving vegetarian and vegan options on QSR menus
- Sandwiches are the #1 vegetarian/vegan menu item
- Operators with a vegetarian or vegan menu item are likely to spend 13% of their purchasing on fresh items.
Easy2FIND Map of Operators with a Vegetarian or Vegan Menu Item:
Within the plant-based food trends, we have seen an increase in new milk trends. There are new alternative milk options rapidly coming to market as well as innovation within the conventional space.
Alternative Milk & Conventional Milk Trends:
- Milkadamia: Macadamia milk that is deliciously free of dairy, soy, GMO’s and gluten.
- Oatly Barista Milk: Fully foamable putting you in total control over the density and performance of your foam so you can showcase your latte art.
- Non-Dairy Chobani: A delicious, non-dairy coconut-based blend packed with probiotics and made with 25% less sugar* than other non-dairy alternatives.
- Organic Valley Grass Fed Certification: To ensure open and transparent labeling, the seal is owned and administered by a third party called the Organic Plus Trust (OPT), Inc. Now, when you want organic dairy from cows that eat all grass and no grains, you can look for one sea.
For more information please contact me at [email protected]
Subscribe to Mailing List