Q&A of the Pizza Restaurants in the US
By Jolien Demeyer in2020, Food Articles, US
1. Pizza restaurants, what are the main US industry statistics ?
– In Sept 2020, we counted almost 75,000 pizzerias and 22,000 Italian (Pasta & Pizza).
In this blog we will only make the deep dive in the pizzeria market.
– 74% of the pizzerias are 5+ years in business
– 51.5% are independents (1-9 units)
– 81% are active in quick service
2. What is the growth rate of the Pizza Restaurants industry in the US in 2020?
The market size of the Pizza Restaurants industry is expected to increase 0.1% in 2020.
3. Has the Pizza Restaurants industry in the US grown or declined over the past 5 years, in # of outlets?
The market size of the Pizza Restaurants industry in the US has stayed stable between 2015 and 2020. The number of independent pizzerias & LSR have gone up a bit.
4. How has the Pizza Restaurants industry performed compared with other US industries?
The pizzeria market is still one of the most loved menu items for Americans. It is still the #2 go-to dish. Therefore, a the high number of pizza outlets.
5. What are the biggest chains in the Pizza Restaurants industry in the US?
Pizza Hut has the highest number of stores, representing 18% in 2020. Followed by Domino’s who has 16% of market chain share and Little Caesars with 11%.
Like this post