EMEA – Restaurants, Pubs and Bars going for Takeaway & Delivery Services during COVID-19
By Jolien Demeyer in2020, Data Insights, EMEA
15 August 2020 – Adapting restaurants and food delivery during COVID-19
As COVID-19 continues to spread across the world, foodies are still eager to support their favourite local restaurants, we see that many local restaurants have reinvented themselves as takeaways or deliveries.
Some insights on the European market:
- UK has the highest number of Takeaway & Delivery operators with over 95,000+ outlets
- The Independents are focusing more on Takeaway & Delivery vs. the chain operators, with an average of around 85%
- QSR is offering more Takeaway & Delivery vs. FSR
- In FR,
- We see that traditional dining & QSR , both representing around 40% of Takeaway and/or delivery;
- we see that TakeAway is more in place vs. Delivery.
- In BE,
- Delivery of QSR is leading with almost 50% , followed with traditional dining of almost 30%;
- both options are in place : TakeAway and Delivery.
- In UK,
- Delivery of QSR is leading with over 50%, followed by traditional dining with 18%. The third main channel who is doing TakeAway and/or Delivery are the Coffee & Tea houses with 16%;
- again, TakeAway is leading.
- In NL,
- QSR is doing most of the TakeAway and/or Delivery with 38%, followed by the Traditional Restaurants of 27%;
- \takeAway is leading.
- In DE,
- Same like in NL & BE, TakeAway and/or Delivery form QSR has a share of 42%, followed by Traditional Restaurants with 29%;
- TakeAway is dominant here.
- In ES,
- QSR is dominating with almost 60% TakeAway and/or Delivery, followed by Traditional Restaurant
- TakeAway is very dominant here
Like this post